WITB?

When golf junkies get bored we like to read about equipment. Let us know what's working or not for you. From driver to putter! Favorite ball?

Re: WITB?

Postby A-Dub » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 pm

A-Dub wrote:Just put in play.... Cobra long Tom 9 degree .... Still getting used to it but pretty great.
Taylor made super fast 15 degree
Callaway x 14 2 iron, may never get rid of this...
3-pw titleist ap2 2008
54 and 58 Cleveland cg14
Rife Aussie putter

Lots of ways I'm thinking of mixing this up though. The long Tom is long, so I'm considering putting back in the cobra 13 degree, but also considering going with the old driver 9.5 titleist 905r because I hit it high and well off the deck. Also a slight possibility of buying a cobra t rail 13. They look pretty good.
I'm also thinking of going no 3 wood because I got a deal I couldn't pass on with 50-54-58 Cleveland 588 wedges to make up for the gap I have from pw to 54. Not putting those in play til spring though, as I'm obviously still playing some..... With days like today.
The putter is going back and forth between the rife Aussie and rife 2 bar. It's may go on forever. I love those rife putters though.

Got a great deal on a Titleist 913 D2 with RIP phenom shaft so it has replaced the Long Tom.

Went ahead and put the Cleveland wedges in the bag. Carrying 15 right now. Not sure what I will pull out when playing tournaments at Henry Co. Probably 3 wood or 3 iron. Leaning toward taking the 3 wood out.

Put a Super Stroke slim 3.0 on my Rife Aussie. Trying out the left hand low stroke and will probably go with it moving forward. Line is much better but sometimes tough on speed for long putts.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby thurman » Fri May 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Got a bug up my ass this morning and left work, walked a block down the street to Golf Exchange, and bought a Nike Covert driver. The G10 is out of the bag after almost five years of service.
"Focus on golf. Screw everything else." - Earl Woods
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby smashdn » Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Soon to be BIL has a covert. Thought it would sound funny with the notch in it. But it doesn't. The red crown is not terrible either. Not anywhere near as jarring as the TM white crowned clubs with extraneous graphics.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Re:

Postby Nixer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Nixer wrote:Driver: TM 540 XD. Stock stiff shaft. I had an Adams Redline, but the 460cc just seemed to big to me at address. The XD is a bit smaller, I feel I can control it a bit better.
Wilson Deep Red II 15 degree 3W.
Mizuno Blue Rage 18 degree 5W. Good off the deck.
Mizuno original Fli-Hi 24 degree utility club. Fills in the gap between the 5W and 6 iron perfectly
Armour EVO V-31 6-PW. Graphite shafts
Cleveland 588 51 degree GW - gunmetal
Cleveland 588 56 degree SW - chrome
Odyssey DFX 6600 putter
Balls: Precept U-Tri ED or Tour, Nike TA2LNG.

After 12 years I'm ready to make my second post:
2007 TM Burner 10.5 Reg
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 14* 4W
Tour Edge Exotics XCG #4 hybrid
Wilson Staff Ci7 4-GW
MacGregor 54* and 58*
Yes! C-Groove Ann

460cc too big? Oh brother, what a Luddite.... :roll:
Nixer
Newbie Poster

Postby stammalammy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Haha Nixer, It is kind of crazy to think back at how the big driver heads messed with our minds at first. Now it seems crazy to have smaller ones.
"You can't believe all the quotes you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln
stammalammy
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 am

A-Dub wrote:
A-Dub wrote:Just put in play.... Cobra long Tom 9 degree .... Still getting used to it but pretty great.
Taylor made super fast 15 degree
Callaway x 14 2 iron, may never get rid of this...
3-pw titleist ap2 2008
54 and 58 Cleveland cg14
Rife Aussie putter

Lots of ways I'm thinking of mixing this up though. The long Tom is long, so I'm considering putting back in the cobra 13 degree, but also considering going with the old driver 9.5 titleist 905r because I hit it high and well off the deck. Also a slight possibility of buying a cobra t rail 13. They look pretty good.
I'm also thinking of going no 3 wood because I got a deal I couldn't pass on with 50-54-58 Cleveland 588 wedges to make up for the gap I have from pw to 54. Not putting those in play til spring though, as I'm obviously still playing some..... With days like today.
The putter is going back and forth between the rife Aussie and rife 2 bar. It's may go on forever. I love those rife putters though.

Got a great deal on a Titleist 913 D2 with RIP phenom shaft so it has replaced the Long Tom.

Went ahead and put the Cleveland wedges in the bag. Carrying 15 right now. Not sure what I will pull out when playing tournaments at Henry Co. Probably 3 wood or 3 iron. Leaning toward taking the 3 wood out.

Put a Super Stroke slim 3.0 on my Rife Aussie. Trying out the left hand low stroke and will probably go with it moving forward. Line is much better but sometimes tough on speed for long putts.

This is completely different now. Even the 2 iron. I've even been through another couple sets of wedges, drivers, and 3 woods since then.
Callaway XR 16 Sub Zero set at standard 9.5 with X-stiff Aldila Rogue I/O shaft
Callaway XR 16 Pro 16 degree 3 wood with Elements Chrome shaft
Callaway XR 19* hybrid with stiff shaft
Callaway Apex Pro 4-pw (original model) with KBS Tour V shaft
Callaway MD3 50 s grind, 54 w grind, and 58 PM grind
Rife 2 bar mallet center shaft with SS Flatso 1.0

All club grips are currently Golf Pride CP2. Next year I may even go to MCC Plus 4. I like the built up grip feel.
Yes, I turned into a Callaway fan boy, but they are about as good as it gets all the way through the bag.
Tried the Epic at a demo day and saw no difference from my XR Sub Zero....
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Previous

Return to What's in your bag?