Twelve Stones Crossing Golf Club

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Tennessee golf courses.

Moderator: golfgoob7

Twelve Stones Crossing Golf Club

Postby smashdn » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am

Curious if anyone has had the opportunity to play this course while in the Nashville area?

I have played it once and thought it to be a nice layout that, as typical of many course these days, had slipped conditions wise from where it was in the past or possibly could be with bigger maintenance budget. The extreme flooding that Nashville experienced two summers ago also contributed to some less than perfect conditions on some fo the holes along the creek and ponds. No doubt these holes were underwater for a little while.

Architecturally, there were a lot of holes that made you really think on club selection in order to have the right club in your hand for the next shot. Most holes played over fairly hilly terrain while a handful of holes played in the relatively flat creek bottom. Water comes into play on several of the holes in the bottom in the form of ponds. Those holes and a few of the more upland holes required playing over or along the creek that goes through the property.

The practice area was excellent when I was last there. The restraunt/grill was equally good.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Re: Twelve Stones Crossing Golf Club

Postby wilma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Yes. We played it in the same trip we played Greystone. While certainly not in that category, Twelve Stones was indeed a fun layout, and I liked that it was design such that short hitters who used forward tees did not miss most of the features. When we were there the course was in quite good condition. I am sorry if it has lost that. Still, worth a looksee.

Doug
125yd hole out for Eagle at #7, Stonelick Hills, with a 9-iron. 6/13/06. 115yd Hole out for Eagle on #9, Stonelick Hills. 10/22/08.
wilma
Champions Tour Poster

Postby smashdn » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am

I played it last summer I think. On the short downhill par four (maybe number four?) the tee box was in pretty rough shape. That was what stuck out the most in my mind the tee boxes being rough. It was certainly not the worst maintained course I had ever palyed upon.

On that particular hole it would have been prudent to try and lay up to a flat with an iron but the box was so scraggly and slightly rocky that I didn't want to damage a club.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Postby smashdn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:50 pm

After writing this course off as a lost cause I have heard through the grapevine that they have new ownership and the conditions have really improved. Curiosity got the better of me (though not curious enough to book a tee time) and made a detour home from Nashville the other day and took a look. From what I could see the greens were in very good shape as well as the bunkers and fairways.

The practice area that used to be a real plus to the course was let go by previous owners and is a bunch of work, time and money away from coming back. They had a really good short game area with a chipping and a putting green.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Return to Tennessee Course Reviews