[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - Sweetens Cove

Sweetens Cove

Share the knowledge about your experiences on golf trips and vacations. We're all looking for a great golf vacation...tell us which courses are worthy of our attention and worthy of their prices.

Sweetens Cove

Postby Docugs » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 pm

I finally had the chance to stop by on my way to Atlanta a couple weeks ago. It's about 20 mins west of Chattanooga in South Pittsburg Tn. It's a 9 hole course, but it's one of the best in the country. one of the most fun rounds I've played in a long time. Everything was dormant but the greens were running about 10. Greens are huge 14,000 up to 20,000 you can play any type of shot. You will have a lot of fun not putting directly at the hole. I guess you could say Tobacco road on steroids?

I believe Thurman has played there and can chime in. Do yourself a favor and look up the course on intagram or some other media and look at the pics. They still won't do this place justice.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Re: Sweetens Cove

Postby smashdn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:37 pm

What kind of coin we talking for 18? Walking only correct?
smashdn
Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:23 pm

They have 18 carts, but those are normally gone early. It's a very easy walk. I only paid 20 bucks and walked 9. I ended up playing again, but didn't pay. I played with a member and one of the ownership group, who is a friend of mine. The guys who owned Scratch golf is part of the ownership.

You can check their website for prices, or Instagram for pics and video. I was told they are working on some sort of reciprocal membership deal with 9 other clubs. I'm not sure how it's going to work if it happens, but I think members will pay only cart fee at other courses, and can play once a month. Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, Tot Hill Farm?, True Blue, Caladonia, some in Atl, maybe? I can't remember the rest.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby smashdn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:36 pm

I've got to go to Atlanta all next week so I am thinking of trying both Sweetens and Sewanee.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 am

you will have a lot of Fun at Sweetens, you should go. If you put anything into ratings, it's #59 on the Top 100 Modern courses list. Amazing some of the courses they rank lower. Golf digest list I think.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby smashdn » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Rained out today.

Sweetens Cove GC.jpg
Water in bunkers.
Sweetens Cove GC.jpg (185.7 KiB) Viewed 414 times
smashdn
Pro Poster

Postby smashdn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Bummed. Course still closed on thursday.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Return to Vacation & Resort Reviews