[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - Hit Driver shorter than 5 iron

Hit Driver shorter than 5 iron

Have a tip or a great golf website to share put them here. Also a great place to get some help with your game.

Hit Driver shorter than 5 iron

Postby nc66uky » Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm

nc66uky
Newbie Poster

Postby sdroy1968 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:10 pm

sdroy1968
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby JP » Tue May 18, 2010 8:53 am

"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight"- Ben Hogan
JP
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Tue May 18, 2010 10:02 am

Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue May 18, 2010 11:27 am

A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby nc66uky » Tue May 18, 2010 1:06 pm

nc66uky
Newbie Poster

Postby golfgoob7 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Garrett-Someone come to TN and play some golf with me.
golfgoob7
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby nc66uky » Tue May 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Yes, I can hit my 5 iron straight. All of my irons are 10 yards different. I do not usually hit a 3 or 4 iron, but I used to use them. My 4 was 205, my 3 was 215. That's what's so difficult for me to understand though. I can't hit my driver as far as my 3-6 irons. It's really frustrating.
nc66uky
Newbie Poster

Postby foreleft » Tue May 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Try and demo a stiff shaft driver on the range. If you are hitting five iron 195 you are probably getting some funky overflex in the longer driver shaft. Whatever you do, never blame yourself for a bad golf shot. I wish I could hit my five iron 195. But I hit my driver 280. Sometimes. Driver shaft is the most important shaft in you bag. Just try a few out. If you are hitting the five iron straight then being that far off with the driver does not add up. As far as ball position goes. I would think you are aware if you are doing something extreme. Though, people had to tell me all the time that I had the ball in the middle of my stance a few years back.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Wed May 19, 2010 10:32 am

It could be the flex, but if its too flimsy you usually hook that shaft.

You would think on ball position you would know, but I had the ball on my 4th toe a few years ago for a spell at the beginning of the season and someone had to tell me. I thought it was off the inside of my left foot. If you get used to something you would be surprised how it looks. Play with the ball position a little though and see if anything works.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby DaveR » Wed May 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Except that nowhere did you say that it is a NEW driver. So, while I definitely agree with the statements about the shaft, isn't it the same shaft you ended the season with last year? I thought that was the case, which makes it even more puzzling.
Dave
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. Steven Wright (1955 - )
DaveR
Rookie Poster

Postby nc66uky » Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

nc66uky
Newbie Poster

Return to Golf Tips / Golf Websites