[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - Putting troubles

Putting troubles

Have a tip or a great golf website to share put them here. Also a great place to get some help with your game.

Postby GUMPSTER » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:35 pm

GUMPSTER
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby brofuqua » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:22 pm

Last edited by brofuqua on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 Quail Chase Mens League Championships.
2 1st place trophys
2 for 2,retired undefeated

brofuqua
Champions Tour Poster

Postby GUMPSTER » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:02 pm

GUMPSTER
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby brofuqua » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:07 pm

2 Quail Chase Mens League Championships.
2 1st place trophys
2 for 2,retired undefeated

brofuqua
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:23 pm

foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby sdroy1968 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:03 am

When I went to Hidden Cove today I was trying to shake off the winter rust on the practice green. I just could not get the feel for the speed or the line. I decided to throw the book out the window and try something radically different. J.B. Holmes inspired me with his strange putting grip and total confidence. Then I remembered something I saw on one of the links on this site, the Bob "No Way" Jenson thing (yeah, Ron, some of us actually do look at those :) ). I didn't go to quite the extreme that he describes, but I started setting up with my toes aimed almost parallel to my intended line. I think I'm on to something here. My big nemesis (there are other, lesser ones) with putting is second-guessing myself and peeking down the line too soon. When I set up so open, this isn't a problem because looking up doesn't involve turning your head much at all. The other benefit is you get a great view of the line. I stuck with this for the whole round and liked the results, at least for today, but I think it would be even better with a longer putter. The makeable putts I missed today were all due to a bad read, not a bad stroke.

Has anyone else tried something like this? I have no doubt that it looks crazy, but your buddies will only laugh at you the first couple of holes. :lol:

Steve
sdroy1968
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby Ron » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:46 pm

Steve,

If Foreleft hasn't tried it he will next time he plays. I've seen him switch putter grips 3 times in a single round! He also needs to open a left handers used golf equipment store.

Bob's a good guy that we play golf with a bit. He credits us with getting him back into the game. He was doing the Senior long drive thing for a few years and rarely played any regular golf. He was pretty rough the first time we took him to the tree lined fairways of Kenny Rapier, but since then he has played and practiced a lot. He's got his handicap down around scratch out at his home course, Nevel Meade. Which is impressive considering his condition/putting. If others are reading this and you haven't taken a look at Bob's website, you might want to check it out. I gaurantee Bob truely has the yips and he has been involved in some very interesting, published research projects on the subject. He'e basically a "Yips Lab Rat". Check out the videos.

Oh yeah.....I have also updated the Links page. So, like Steve, you might want to check it out for other valuable info too. 8)

Ron
Ron
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Golf Tips / Golf Websites