Chariot Run

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Indiana golf courses.

Re: Chariot Run

Postby Docugs » Fri May 08, 2015 11:58 am

Played out here for the first time this year, the course was in good shape, but it was pretty full. The greens were slow, only 10.8, they didn't roll them. I'm starting to see a couple of things I don't really like. With all the new play they are getting, a lot of guys that won't fix a ball mark, or fill a divot. I repaired four to five marks per green. They weren't really bad ones, but its starting a trend I don't want to see. If this course skimps on conditions and slows the greens down consistently, they are done. They just become one of many area courses, and with their remote location, that isn't good. If we get a really hot summer and the level of play keeps up, they will be challenged to keep things in check.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:08 am

Played Tuesday, course is in good condition. It was really wet, 5 was cart path only. Greens were 11.1, I guess it was too wet to roll them.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby 3Jack » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Yeah, I guess 11.1 is too slow. Since you have such a chub for fast greens, might I recommend playing it early in the day when they're actually rolling the posted stimp for the day :idea: Chariot's greens are the best in the area outside of private play. I'm not going to complain whether they're 10.1, 12.1, or anywhere in-between.
Fuqua's the name, cheating's the game.
3Jack
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 pm

No Complaints just stating how fast the greens were, and that it was petty wet.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby foreleft » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Played it this past Sunday. Everything is still in very good shape. You can tell it have gotten a lot of play this year. They had punched the greens but smaller holes and not very dense. They have water running all the way down the right side of 18 now. Pretty cool. They ditch is full and running back to ponds towards the tee.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby Docugs » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Interesting info about the punching, they told me a couple of weeks ago that they weren't going to do it until Nov 1. I wonder if they will pull the big cores then.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby smashdn » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Water injection maybe?

There were a few years that they did that on some greens here and elected to not core aerate twice. I can't confirm whether they are still doing that now or have gone back to pulling cores twice a year.
smashdn
Pro Poster

Postby foreleft » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Played it this past Saturday. Everything is in good shape but it was very soggy. Greens claimed to be 10.2 but more like 9.4. Smooth though. Enjoyed the round but wish I would had walked. All the back and forth from the cart path is crap. I was hitting my driver good and getting no roll. Made the course play a bit longer. All is good here. Not many golfers out there for a Saturday. Zipped around at our leisure once we passed a foursome on #4.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby Docugs » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:49 pm

I called out there last week, on Tuesday Or Wednesday. I was told the greens were only rolling about 9.1 then, So 10 by the weekend maybe. They are supposed to be punching the greens this week or the next, so you might want to call before anybody heads out there.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:04 am

Greens were punched on the 16th. Full pulls
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby foreleft » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Played here last Friday. Course is in excellent shape. Seems like most courses I have played this spring have been very nice. Place was very busy for being out in the boonies. Greens are healed and were rolling very nice. Sun was too bright. Only complaint.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Went back yesterday. Course was in even better shape. They were working hard on it too. Only 11 golfers on the course yesterday. Weather scared them off I guess. It turned out decent. Just hot and humid. Finished in 3:30
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby Docugs » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 am

2-20-17 course was in good shape, greens were smooth, running 10
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby Docugs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Looking at the recent reviews on golfnow, and read one review that said the course is changing ownership? Anybody know if this is true or not. I would think that if conditions drop with a new owner, then that course could be in some trouble.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Previous

Return to Indiana Course Reviews