[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - Honors?

Honors?

Have a question? Maybe someone has the right answer. Or just vent about how you were beat by some obscure ruling that doesn't make sense to you. Maybe someone can explain why!

Honors?

Postby mcgreggor57 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:01 pm

mcgreggor57
Rookie Poster

Postby 3Jack » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:02 pm

Fuqua's the name, cheating's the game.
3Jack
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby mcgreggor57 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:57 pm

mcgreggor57
Rookie Poster

Postby scoobdaddy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:16 pm

scoobdaddy
Veteran Poster

Postby mcgreggor57 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:03 am

mcgreggor57
Rookie Poster

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:20 am

Ron
Site Admin

Postby Ron » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:29 pm

..and I have another thought on this subject....

Honors and how it relates to pace of play has a lot to do with who and at what handicap level your playing partners are. I can tell you that when I am playing with golfers that I regularly play with, or when I am playing with low handicappers that know the rules of golf, we usually play just as fast as if we were playing ready golf, while observing proper etiqutte or "honors". Everyone knows when it is their turn and they are prepared to hit...and like Jeff said, if someone wants to go back to the cart for three wood, then we usually say "go ahead and hit" to the next guy standing there.

If I'm standing in the fairway and I'm unsure if it is my turn, I yell over to Foreleft and ask his yardage. If he replies with a higher number than my yardage, I tell him he's out and he hits. That conversation rarley has to occur. It's usually obvious who is away and with most of the my regular golf partners we know that the person whom is farthest from the hole is to hit next. In fact, if you don't follow that format you are likely to be told by one of us that it is your turn and get to it!

I think while playing with less savy and or higher handicappers, ready golf is the way to go. When I find myself within a group like that, I conform to keep things moving.

One of the most annoying things that can happen is watching someone that is "away" take numerous practice swings and then turn and insist that you go ahead when they realize you have been waiting. This seems to be common with guys that are trying to be nice, but don't understand the proper procedure. So my message to this group is, if you are the furthest person from the hole, HIT THE BALL! Turning and insisiting we go ahead because you know we have been waiting is not going to make us feel better. When we hit a bad shot because all we were thinking about was how stupid the process we just went through was, we're going to be even more unhappy with you.

By the way, on a humorous note, my personal record for watching other players in my foursome hit before I got to my drive (second stroke) is 17 strokes. :lol: ...and Moe was part of the process!

Ron
Ron
Site Admin

Postby moe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:47 pm

As soon as I leave town he starts talking bad about me! :!: :evil:
moe
Art Hills # 1 fan
moe
Pro Poster

Postby Ron » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:31 am

"As soon as you leave"!!! I can't remember when you left, it was so long ago. I thought you had arranged for someone to mow your grass??? :P We had the wettest August ever...I couldn't find your house with four wheel drive when I was up there the other day. :shock: :lol: :wink: Sent out the dogs to see if anyone was alive in the weeds. You better get home and get to work in the fields! :lol:

Ron
Ron
Site Admin

Return to Rules Discussion