[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - Rule 25-1(b)(ii) - Ball in a water-filled bunker

Rule 25-1(b)(ii) - Ball in a water-filled bunker

Have a question? Maybe someone has the right answer. Or just vent about how you were beat by some obscure ruling that doesn't make sense to you. Maybe someone can explain why!

Rule 25-1(b)(ii) - Ball in a water-filled bunker

Postby ukpikedave » Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 pm

is my latest assault against the USGA and R&A Rules Committees: Rule 25-1(b)(ii) - Abnormal Ground Conditions - when you hit your ball into a bunker full of casual water, if you can't drop in the bunker (even if it's because the bunker is completely full of water), you incur a penalty, which I generally disagree with. Check out the post and feel free to chime in with your two cents.
It only took 17 years to get invited to play Idle Hour CC, so we're moving up in the world.

http://onebeardedgolfer.com - One Bearded Golfer blog
- You can follow me on Twitter (not sure why you would)
ukpikedave
Veteran Poster

Re: Rule 25-1(b)(ii) - Ball in a water-filled bunker

Postby A-Dub » Wed May 28, 2014 8:22 am

The bunker is a hazard. You shouldn't hit in it. Thats why its a penalty. If you drop out its easier to get up and down (for some) from out of a bunker than in it. Additionally, as I understand it, you could do this at any time. I could be completely wrong on it, but because you are in a hazard, say you were against the lip or were in a situation you might shoot one across a green into a water hazard, I believe you can elect to take a penalty stroke and drop out of the bunker. I might have to look that up.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby thurman » Wed May 28, 2014 10:14 am

"Focus on golf. Screw everything else." - Earl Woods
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby ukpikedave » Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 am

Of course he did. Knowledge is such a burden sometimes.
It only took 17 years to get invited to play Idle Hour CC, so we're moving up in the world.

http://onebeardedgolfer.com - One Bearded Golfer blog
- You can follow me on Twitter (not sure why you would)
ukpikedave
Veteran Poster

Postby thurman » Wed May 28, 2014 10:20 am

I certainly know that feeling. I take my hat off to him. Dignity is worth far too much to sell for the sake of a stroke in a $2 Nassau.
"Focus on golf. Screw everything else." - Earl Woods
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby JP » Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 am

Going back to the original post, I have played in tournaments before, several times, where they made a local rule that allowed us to drop out of the bunker if there was no "dry" spots in a bunker.
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight"- Ben Hogan
JP
Champions Tour Poster

Return to Rules Discussion