[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golf Kentucky Links • View topic - Do we agree about this?

Do we agree about this?

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

Do we agree about this?

Postby smashdn » Thu May 25, 2017 2:40 pm

http://www.golf.com/courses-and-travel/ ... nd-private

Public - Lassing Pointe
Private - Valhalla
smashdn
Pro Poster

Re: Do we agree about this?

Postby golfer1155 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:14 pm

I do not o the Private side. I am ok with Lassing Pointe on the Public side but have not played there in 10 years or more and hear lots of bad things today about the condition of the course.

On the Private side I like Olde Stone.
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue May 30, 2017 8:52 am

Idle Hour is actually probably the best private. It's just so hard to access that it will never make the list. A publication like Golf Magazine is almost always going to choose a course like Valhalla that hosts PGA events.

I've never been to Lassing so I can't comment, but I'm surprised LP always wins and almost never Kearney, Nevel, etc.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

R e: Do we agree about this?

Postby Docugs » Tue May 30, 2017 9:32 am

nope. The mags never really change the rankings, they just cut and paste from previous years. I would bet now Old Silo will be on many lists for years to come, it won't matter that the course is closed. You also never see new entries to the public list, Big Blue fits that bill, since it's been public for some time now.

many good private courses around, but since I've never played Idle Hour, I can't comment on that.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby ukpikedave » Wed May 31, 2017 3:59 pm

I've played Idle Hour twice, and would say it edges out Triple Crown, Olde Stone and Valhalla by a nose.

Played Lassing a couple seasons ago, wasn't in the best condition. I'd put Kearney (once they restore the woodwork) and Hidden Cove at the top of my list.
It only took 17 years to get invited to play Idle Hour CC, so we're moving up in the world.

http://onebeardedgolfer.com - One Bearded Golfer blog
- You can follow me on Twitter (not sure why you would)
ukpikedave
Veteran Poster

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews