Hunting Creek Country Club

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

Hunting Creek Country Club

Postby beebs4201 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Got a chance to play at Hunting Creek for the first time yesterday. I have to say that I was really impressed. The course kind of reminds me of Persimmon Ridge without the circus slopes on the greens. It is a neighborhood course where there are little to no houses in play. Several fairways get pretty tight and there are plenty of trees and out of bounds stakes to keep you honest. Lots of uneven lies as well but nothing too crazy. The course conditions were excellent. Fairways and tee boxes were well manicured. Rough is nice and healthy. The greens were fast and firm. There are some beautiful holes out there. Really liked 8, 13 and 14. Those stood out to me as great holes.
beebs4201
Veteran Poster

Re: Hunting Creek Country Club

Postby foreleft » Tue May 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Played it this past Sunday. It had been about twenty five years since my last visit. Trees have really grown up. I played here with a friend a few times in high school. Then I worked there when I was at U of L. Some good memories on that course. I didn't make any good memories Sunday. I played like dog poo. Conditions were great. Greens weren't super fast but they were very smooth. Bunkers were fantastic. Zoysia fairways. Over fertilized rough. Very scenic for a neighborhood course. Saw a doe and her newborn twins and a few other deer. Distance is much of the difficulty of this course. Seems like quite a few par 4s in the 440-480. I like the course. Hopefully I will get more opportunity to play it. I would put it right there with Big Spring, Persimmon, Harmony, LCC, and Hurstbourne as second tier behind Valhalla. For me it would be difficult to pick a favorite from those 6. It would probably be LCC, Hurstbourne, Persimmon, Hunting Creek, Harmony Landing, Big Spring. They are really close though. I love them all. If I could afford it, I would choose to join the Harmony/Big Spring dual club.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews