UK CLUB

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

UK CLUB

Postby golfer1155 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Played in a KGA event on both Wildcat and Big Blue this past Tuesday and Wednesday.

Short version you can not PAY me to play Wildcat.
Fairways in ok condition except 5 and 6 have no fairways. Greens are worse.

Big Blue in fine shape...Greens a little slow but will blame that on all the rain.
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Re: UK CLUB

Postby Docugs » Thu May 12, 2016 8:45 pm

you mean the greens on 5 and 6, or all of wildcat. any specifics ? I know the fairways on 5 and 6 was Danny's stupid decision to try and put zoysia fairways in during fall months. But the green on 6 is pretty new, when they took out the chipping green to build Uk's practice building, the used that grass on 6. It was in pretty good shape the end of last year. Now 11 green has always been a problem, and I think they were messing with it last fall, but I don't remember for sure though.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby golfer1155 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:37 pm

The complete holes on 5 and 6 are pretty much a disaster. In fact they are so bad the KGA allowed Preferred Lies through the Green. First event I have played were preferred lies were allowed EVER, and they allowed them though the green. The Greens on Holes 4 ,5 and 6 were all in bad shape. The bunkers were in poor shape as well...although to be fair we have had a lot of rain. The fairways and greens on the balance of the course were fine. But 17 % of the Golf Course being crappy means I will not be back for a while. This is the third year they were like this and seem to be getting worse//Last year we played Preferred Lies in your own fairway on 5 and 6.
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:57 am

Played Big Blue this weekend. Thought things were excellent tee to green. Greens were quick and true, fairways were great, everything just great. Played one tee up and shot 73. Think I had 3-4 birdies. We played afternoon and it was only $35 on a Friday which is a great deal for what I saw Friday.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews