Cherry Blossom

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

Re: Cherry Blossom

Postby thurman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:57 am

The worst thing about Cherry Blossom has always been their early magazine ranking success and higher price point compared to most of central Kentucky's golf. It's a very good, enjoyable course that's not appreciably better or worse than any number of very good, enjoyable courses within an hour's drive. It's the fact that they were crowned "best in state" and charge 10 bucks more than some other courses of comparable quality that makes us want to rip them for having a few holes that don't light the world on fire.
"Focus on golf. Screw everything else." - Earl Woods
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Completely agree Thurman. Around here at least, Cherry Blossom's worst enemy has been that it received such high accolades from publications. It's probably a nice thing for when you are looking for out of towners, but for a course that receives the analysis that goes on around here, it makes it tougher. The price may hurt the course as well when it comes to this type of analysis, but honestly if they didn't charge that price on the weekend they would get too much play. I know that sounds counter intuitive but its true.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby Docugs » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:29 pm

They won't be punching the greens this spring. I guess the conditions might be the main gripe. This course has been starting to trend in the wrong direction the last couple years. Not bad yet, but not trending up either. They are behind most of the other area courses for current conditions.
Docugs
Pro Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:19 am

Played out here the last two weekends. The first weekend was the par 3 tournament they had. It was a pretty cool event with every hole being set up as a par 3, excellent CTP prizes, and a payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. They ended up with like 97 players which was really good for October IMO. They plan on doing it again next year so I would keep an eye out. It was pretty cheap at $50 bucks a man so they could have a great turnout next year.

Played the full course this weekend, and conditions again were very good. Greens rolled smooth and quick. Fairways and tees were all in great shape. Not a ton more to say about it. Just good golf on a player friendly course. I shot 71 with a terrible double on 16.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Previous

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews