Persimmon Ridge

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

Re: Persimmon Ridge

Postby A-Dub » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:15 pm

As I said on the other thread, I joined Persimmon Ridge recently. With the great weather coming this weekend I'm looking at getting out at least 1 day. The under 40 deal is a ridiculous deal, and I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting used to the course. I have never done the private club thing before, so this should be a fun summer for me.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby golfer1155 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:55 pm

I AM JEALOUS...The way you hit the ball and joining Persimmon...You are my new hero ! :lol:
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Postby A-Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Haha. Why is that? Just trying to make myself better...
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Congrats! Good move. If I could get in on that deal, I would probably do it. Always thought of that course as the only place I would join and be happy to just play there all the time. Only negative to that club is the awkward location. Not close to my work or my house. Love that course. Lucky dog.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby BigVMan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:57 am

Am I just the odd ball that doesn't like this course? Maybe it's just that nothing "fits my eye"...but to me the course plays hard just for the sake of being hard and seems to play waaay long even from tees that are further up. I have played there a couple of time now and just didn't really enjoy myself either time.
BigVMan
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby golfer1155 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:38 am

Course is very hard no matter what tees you play from...Just a hard hard golf course.
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Postby thurman » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 am

Persimmon definitely isn't a perfect golf course. It's probably too hard for the average player, the greens are excessive in spots, and the turf sometimes struggles due to poor airflow thanks to the dense surrounding vegetation. That said, I would imagine that members enjoy the club and quickly learn where to miss and become more comfortable with some of the intimidating shots out there. I have very few concerns about Adam being able to survive it's difficulty, and more concerns about me being able to shoot within five strokes of my handicap if I happen to end up playing a game against him out there at some point...

For the deal they're offering to younger members, it's a no-brainer to join if you live or work within 20 minutes. You get a good year-round practice facility, a solid golf course that will test and improve your game, and a true golf club with what appears to be a pretty solid playing membership. The course has some very big fans - Foreleft and Moe aren't alone in holding it in very high esteem. But even for a guy like me who thinks it's just decent, they're still offering an outstanding value.
"Focus on golf. Screw everything else." - Earl Woods
thurman
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Got out here last Tuesday. Got to witness Moe miss a short putt on 18 that would of given him a score that totalled his age. He really played great. Beat me straight up so glad we were not gambling. I thought I hit the ball decently, just did not score that well. Even though I made good up and downs on the first 3 holes. Only birdie was on 18. One of my favorite courses in the area but have never felt they have had a good greenskeeper out there. They just dump tons of water on the course. Some trouble spots in the new zoysia fairways, that happens. It will be an easy fix. My complaints as a member would be how soft they keep the greens and the green areas. And tees. And because of all the watering, some of the bunkers are very inconsistent. Greens rolled ok, medium speed, but they didn't look that healthy. I think another problem is the mowers they use for the fairways. Several fairways with clippings. I just don't remember seeing that on zoysia fairways. Hope it all works out because it is a great course. I am just not a huge fan of zoysia. Not many courses cut it tight like it should be. Flyers are always possible.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:13 am

Been out there all year and haven't seen Moe. Then I randomly see docugs yesterday....
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby brofuqua » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:15 pm

nobody cares
2 Quail Chase Mens League Championships.
2 1st place trophys
2 for 2,retired undefeated

brofuqua
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Then we certainly don't care about your post...
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby brofuqua » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2 Quail Chase Mens League Championships.
2 1st place trophys
2 for 2,retired undefeated

brofuqua
Champions Tour Poster

Postby James » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 am

Seems they have merged with Polo Fields
James
Rookie Poster

Postby beebs4201 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

I have played Persimmon a few times over the past month. Course is in good shape. They re-did most of the approach areas and laid down what appears to be zoysia sod where there used to be bent grass. The bent grass areas were getting burnt up pretty bad. The rest of the course is great. Greens are about impossible to make putts on because of the undulation. Still a fun place to play.
beebs4201
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews