Henry County Country Club

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

Re: Henry County Country Club

Postby A-Dub » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Course is awesome right now. Playing firm and fast. Greens are smooth and fast but receptive to balls. Lots of fun right now. There are a couple greens that have been needle tines because they got so wet then it got kinda hot so they are trying to get some air to them but they still roll well. Good time to get out!
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby golfer1155 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:19 am

Got out to HCCC yesterday AM for a early AM round. Course is in fantastic shape. Fairways are lush and green...Greens are rolling smooth and medium fast.

If you can get out there to play now is the time !
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Aeration coming up Monday and Tuesday. Get out while you can!
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:07 pm

HCCC still looks good. The clubhouse is now closed for the winter but you can play with a member for free if you like during that time granted the course is open. You would have to be with a member that has their own cart or you could walk. If anyone is interested in a free round this winter, give me a yell. I don't have a cart but I am up for walking and know some people with carts. Starting to look like one of those mild winter's... knock on wood.

If you do go out by yourself, make sure you wait until the frost is off....
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby foreleft » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:54 am

Played it yesterday. I have always loved this course but the last few times I have played it I have felt uninspired. Course seems the same. I just think I am changing. Not playing as much so maybe I am getting more selective. Who knows. Course was in great shape. Had a few bad lies in the rough because of crabgrass but fairways were good. Greens were good but they were a little on the slow side. They were also very firm. We were having to land shots short of the pins. Makes for interesting golf. It is hard to judge how much release you are going to get from each approach. Gorgeous day.
Not raking a bunker.
Littering is wrong too.
foreleft
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:57 am

I played out there pretty recently too, but the greens were pretty soft at my visit. It was during the period of constant rain we were having. Everything seemed in good shape except for two fairways had some sort of disease but it wasn't terrible. I always love playing here. Greens were a touch on the slow side, as evidenced by leaving about 3-4 putts short but dead in the hole. Would have been nice to have a couple of those. Bogey the last hole to shoot 73.

I think they are planning to have their invitational in two weeks. Course looks good so hopefully they have it.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby A-Dub » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 am

HCCC has a new pro and super, and this is apparently the clubs 50th anniversary of opening. The pro is from the Indianapolis area. He ran a number of golf courses and was the DOG for Indy Municipal Courses at one time. Also held some office in PGA section in Indiana. There was a big write up about him in the Henry Co paper. The super was at Glenmary at one time before they closed. He worked a couple other places like Sultans Run I think and some other places.

They are not going to punch greens in the spring, they are going to wait til fall. The course looked good when I was up there a few weeks ago. Greens were rolling nice, fairways looked good, rough was a little spotty from crabgrass getting in last year but apparently they are going to seed.

Also running a membership deal. Rolling back membership prices to $100 off each membership type for this year. They will move back to regular rates next year. I think in season rates are $25 weekday and $39 weekend. I think right now its $20 and $30. Not sure when it changes.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Previous

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews