PINE VALLEY

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

PINE VALLEY

Postby golfer1155 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 am

This course in E Town is now called Heartland Golf Club. This is my first time playing it. I really liked the layout some very interesting holes. However the course itself is in poor shape. Greens had many spots that looked like they had to much rain and it killed large parts of the greens. The fairways were just ok and the rough was very thin , in fact lots of bare spots. If you hit a ball offline it will roll forever.

All that would not have made the day horrible EXCEPT we ere just a twosome...no one in front for us for over nine holes.

We hot our Tee shots on 14 , downhill hole but you can not see landing area. When we went to get hit our second shots there was a Foursome on the Green. They clearly saw us...not only did they not let us thru they proceeded to use the golf course as a outdoor bathroom. It seemed that my wife being present was not a issue for them. We were patiently waiting behind this foursome when two more joined them on the 17 th tee. We were close on time so we skipped 17 to the 18 th tee where a eight some had just finished teeing off.

I went into the Clubhouse as we were leaving to voice my opinion. Iwas told that no foursome should have jumped in front of us...apparently this was a figment of mu y imagination and that no eight some had teed of just two foursomes in a scramble playoff. Not sure where this guys was from but 4 +4 =8 where ia m from.

Bottom line don't bother to play there.
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Re: PINE VALLEY

Postby brooks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 pm

thanks for the info.
brooks
Newbie Poster

Postby LordofthePings » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am

This was my "regular" course when I lived in Etown about 30 years ago. I was young and this was fairly cheap and close, and only lived there for a year or so. I always liked the course, though it was kinda rough around the edges. I played as either a twosome with a guy I worked with, or just me with my wife riding along.

But I never really felt like I was at a golf course for some reason, the place just never exuded a golf atmosphere. It was almost more like a bowling alley feel.
LordofthePings
Veteran Poster

Postby golfer1155 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Hey LOP nice to hear from you ...I will be going to E Town quite a bit any other courses In the are you could recommend ?
golfer1155
Veteran Poster

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews