GlenOaks CC getting new owners

Your chance to share the knowledge! Review, rate, and share your opinions or comments about Kentucky golf courses.

GlenOaks CC getting new owners

Postby A-Dub » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:12 am

Saw an article in the Courier Journal that said GlenOaks would finally be purchased from the bank that has had it for years by Louisville lawyer J. Bruce Miller and investors (he is most well known for being involved in trying to get an NBA team to Louisville). Apparently his son is a golf pro of some sort that has worked out of state for years and will be coming back to run the place. I gotta wonder why GlenOaks other than just location?
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Re: GlenOaks CC getting new owners

Postby A-Dub » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm

This place is basically public now. They have a program that lets you play there 10 times a year for a nice rate with lunch and a drink. It's on the front page of their website. Another option if you are in the Louisville area.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Postby stammalammy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Pretty good course?
"You can't believe all the quotes you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln
stammalammy
Semi-Pro Poster

Postby A-Dub » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:28 pm

I haven't been in a few years. I remember good conditions. Not my favorite routing since it cuts through a neighborhood but not a difficult course. At the price I'd say it's worth one trip out there for sure. Very competitive price for what you likely get.
A-Dub
Champions Tour Poster

Return to Kentucky Course Reviews